Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Variance

Well, since the last blog post (only 5 days ago, mind you) I have already had another 110 BB upswing followed immediately by another 80 BB downswing. This is 4 separate, distinct upswings and downswings since the beginnning of the year, making my graph look very similar to a capital M:


These are the types of swings I remember from my Full Tilt days, and made me quit the site altogether. Again, these are "merely" 100 BB swings, but the frequency of both the upswings and downswings are just shocking. Note far hand side of the graph, where I won 3 hands virtually in a row (A4s in BB on a board of AAxAx, JJ OTB that flopped top set and turned a boat, and on another table a AJs vs TT in a SB vs BB battle where I flopped an A.) and then almost just-as immediately lost it all back.

On the upswing, all draws seem to hit and all your AK's tend to hit A high flops and are always against an AQ to pay you off. Likewise, on the downswing, all your draws miss, all your AK's either whiff or are now against AQ on AQx flops, or your 22 vs JT on an AT2 flop goes down in flames when the final board is AT2-T-J.

Too early to shout "rigged" yet (except in jest), but there is only so many times you can see A7 v. 55 on AA5-x-7 without starting to wonder.......

No comments: