Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Running bad

Well, after my run-up of 5+ BB/100 for 5000 hands, Karma decided to slap me upside the face:



That's a 140 BB downswing, and -3.22 BB/100 over my last two bonuses (about 3,100 hands). I've reviewed some hands, and in some cases I may have not been aggressive as I could, but in a lot of cases this is just expensive second-best hands and draws not coming in. Probably the exact opposite of my upswing, where every draw seemed to come in.

But the most amazing thing of all? I'm actually up about $30 in real-money during this downswing due to playing under a bonus for that time. How crazy is that?

That being said, I'm burned out enough by this downswing that I'm going to take a few days off and do a combination of read, review my game, and just plain chill. I have a Paradise Bonus I need to clear, but no hurry on it, and no "logical" next bonus to clear.

On a positive note, I made my first concrete purchase funded by poker - a new digital camera! All hail poker on the Internet!

No comments: