Sunday, March 12, 2006

Bankroll current state

Just a brief update and thoughts on the State of the Bankroll......

Total Bankroll: $200.26

Consisting of:

Bonuses: $150
$75 - Instant Bankroll
$25 - Party signup bonus
$50 - Golden Riviera signup bonus

Tournaments: $9.40
$1.40 - Golden Riviera freeroll (87th out of ??? (a lot) )
$8.00 - Poker Rewards freeroll (18th of 650)

Limit Ring Game Play: $40.86
$10.11 - Party
$25.45 - Golden Riviera
$5.30 - Poker Rewards (so far)

I'm somewhat disappointed in my win rate at limit ring game play - I don't have Poker Tracker yet, but I figure I have to be somewhere in the general vicinity of 1 BB/100 (about 8000 hands at an average of 0.25/0.50). With all the bad play I see out there, I figure I ought to be beating these games at twice this rate. Perhaps just variance, perhaps I just need more practice at limit hold-em. After all, almost my entire "experience" before starting on this journey was NL holdem (cash, SnG, MTT) and that is still where I feel most comfortable.

All of this points to the obvious question - why are you bothering to play limit ring games when both your experience and your feel is all in the NL arena? Perhaps another post for another day......

No comments: