Monday, May 05, 2008

Brief Bonus Clearing Update

Long time, no write - it occurs to me that I've only written one post in the last month. Shame on me, but I can't honestly say much of note has gone on at the tables. I haven't gotten a lot of hands in, none of them have been horribly interesting (except maybe one that I'll attach for the hell of it at the end), and haven't had any big swings one way or the other. Every night is +/- $100, no biggie, although it is still amazing to me that I can shrug off swings of that magnitude.

Due to not getting many hands in, I am quite far behind in clearing my latest bonus: as of last night I am 35% though the bonus time period, but only 20% ($100) cleared. I just haven't been getting many hands in for a variety of reasons (been busy, bad table conditions, etc.) Clearing the last $400 shouldn't be an issue if I put my mind to it - hell, I cleared a bonus at a rate of almost $275 / month earlier this year - but don't know if I'll have the time or motivation. We'll see.

And now on to the hand.

Limit Holdem Ring, $2/$4 (6-max)


Pre-flop: (6 players) CO posts a dead blind
Hero is BB with 5♣ 3♣

2 folds, CO checks, Button raises, SB calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: 9♣ 6♦ 2♣ (8.0 SB, 4 players)

SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, Button bets, SB calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: K♦ (6 BB, 4 players)

SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, Button bets, SB calls, Hero calls, CO folds.

River: 4♠ (9 BB, 3 players)

SB checks, Hero checks, Button bets, SB folds, Hero raises, Button 3-bets, Hero caps!, Button calls.

Final pot: 17 BB ($68)

Results: Button showed K♣ K♠

Preflop was probably a tad marginal, but figured I was going to be getting 7:1 on my call by the time it got around (assuming nobody LRR-ed).

Flop you could argue should have been a raise for me with my "monster" 13-out draw (flush draw + gutshot)

Turn standard, and I decided to c/r river on the (apparent) blankiest-of-blanks. I can't imagine what must have been going through his head on the river when c/r-ed on a K9642 non-flush board. Luckily (for me) he had the second nuts, and I showed down the nuts for a nice pot due to the Cake boomswitch being in the correct position.

Actually the best part of this hand (for me) was getting to show down 53s - not something a TAG like me gets to do like, ever. I'd love to see the notes people tok after that hand, though....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a donkey! :)