Friday, September 21, 2007

Some Cake Hands

Couple of interesting / fun hands from last night.

Cake Poker, Limit: $2/$4 (full ring), 10 players

Pre-flop: Hero is UTG+2 with A♦ K♦
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero raises, 2 folds, CO calls, button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG 3-bets, Hero calls, CO calls, BB calls.

I hate limp-reraisers, especially UTG limp-reraisers. This is only my second button rev, and UTG has been throwing their money around a bit recklessly but I don't know what a LRR means out of him. I decide to call his 3-bet rather than cap. Probably close / debatable.

Flop: K♥ Q♣ J♠ (12 SB, 4 players)
BB checks, UTG bets, Hero raises, CO folds, BB folds, UTG 3-bets, Hero calls.

Nice flop for me, but if his LRR meant AA, KK, or QQ then I am toast here. However, against this guy I am definitely committed to a showdown, even without my 4 outs to broadway. I am spending one bet per street to see a showdown, and (obviously) raising if I hit a T.

Turn: 8♣ (9 BB, 2 players)
UTG bets, Hero calls.

River: 3♦ (11 BB, 2 players)
UTG bets, Hero calls.

Results: Final pot: 13 BB
UTG shows K♣ 5♦
Hero shows A♦ K♦

I don't even know what to say, other than I'm going to be chasing this guy all around the site now.

Cake Poker, Limit: $1/$2 (full ring), 10 players
Pre-flop: Hero is HJ with A♦ A♠
3 folds, MP calls, Hero raises, 3 folds, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: Q♠ 8♥ 3♦ (6 SB, 3 players)
BB checks, MP bets, Hero raises, BB folds, MP calls.

About as non-threatening flop for AA as you will ever see. Flop raise is a no-brainer.

Turn: 4♠ (5 BB, 2 players)
MP bets, Hero raises, MP folds.

I've seen a lot of this donk-into-the-aggressor stuff lately. This one is weird - it is obvious that I am not raising on the draw as there are no draws on that flop. The vast majority of the time this donk isn't a big hand like a set (although some will play this way, afraid I will check behind on the turn). But I also think this is an easy turn raise. I have no idea what hand he would have taken this flop/turn line with.

Cake Poker, Limit: $1/$2 (full ring), 9 players
Pre-flop: Hero is BB with 7♥ 4♣
2 folds, EP calls, 1 fold, HJ calls, 2 folds, SB calls, Hero checks.

Quality hand, eh?

Flop: J♦ 7♦ 4♥ (4 SB, 4 players)
SB checks, Hero bets, EP calls, HJ calls, SB calls.

Would love to have protected my very vulnerable bottom-two but didn't have any indication of who would bet. So, get money in the pot while I can.

Turn: 9♦ (4 BB, 4 players)
SB checks, Hero bets, MP raises, HJ calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

If I am behind I have 4 outs, getting 9-1 on my final call. This is not quite enough, but all I need to do is make up 1 BB in implieds on the river if I hit. Very easy to do given my position on the raiser. Plus, I may be ahead of someone getting frisky with one-pair and the NFD. Easy call.

River: 4♠ (10 BB, 3 players)
Hero checks, MP bets, HJ raises, Hero 3-bets, MP caps, HJ calls, Hero calls.

Sweet river card, but HJ woke up when the board paired? Hmmmmm. I decide the chance I'm up against JJ or 99 or 77 is pretty damn low and gas it.

Results: Final pot: 22 BB
MP shows K♦ Q♦
HJ shows A♦ 3♦
Hero shows 7♥ 4♣

Yes, I river good. But HJ played their hand horribly - easy raise for them on the flop. And, as played, if HJ 3-bets the turn, I am forced out of the pot. Slowplaying the nuts not often a good idea.

Cake Poker, Limit: $1/$2 (full ring), 9 players
Pre-flop: Hero is HJ with 7♠ 7♦
4 folds, Hero raises, 2 folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: 9♣ 6♥ 5♦ (6 SB, 3 players)
SB checks, BB bets, Hero raises, SB folds, BB calls.

BB would donk with a wide range here, and I'm glad he did, as it gave me a chance to leverage SB out of the pot.

Turn: 9♥ (5 BB, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks.

This is the key point in the hand. I really want to show this down, really don't want to pay a lot to do so in case I'm against a 9, and don't want to give the BB a chance to c/r me making me pay 2 bets for my 6 outs (if behind). I am calling most any river card, as I realize I am inducing a bluff by this line.

River: 4♥ (5 BB, 3 players)
BB bets, Hero calls.

Results: Final pot: 7 BB
BB shows Q♦ 6♣
Hero shows 7♠ 7♦

Seems standard.

No comments: