Sunday, July 23, 2006

A heater at $1/$2

So, due to a combination of chasing a specific fish, dropping 50+ BB at $0.50/$1 the night before, and some prodding from poker1eh, I decided to play a bit of $1/$2 this weekend. I figured, what better site than Paradise to try it? I was just clearing the last of my bonus there, and the tables there are the softest of any site I've tried. For the record, the only site I had tried $1/$2 at before was Prima, and I got absolutely hammered (lost $83 in 1400 hands or so).

Well, today the deck ran me over. I made $67.25 in 84 hands, for a nice clip of 40 BB/100. :-) I take no credit for any of it - it was all good hands and having them hold up. Note this still leaves me in the red for $1/$2 overall, but certainly doesn't hurt the bankroll or the confidence. A sample of hands:



The very first hand I played:

Paradise Poker, Limit: $1/$2, 10 players

Pre-flop:
(10 players) Hero is CO with 9♠ 9♦

UTG calls, 4 folds, MP3 calls, Hero raises, 2 folds, BB calls, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: 9♣ T♣ T♠ (4.5SB, 4 players)

BB checks, UTG checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: J♣ (2.25BB, 4 players)

BB bets, UTG folds, MP3 calls, Hero raises, BB folds, MP3 calls.

River: 6♥ (7.25BB, 2 players)

MP3 checks, Hero bets, MP3 calls.

Results:

Final pot: 9.25BB

MP3 shows T♥ 4♥

Knowing what he had, I likely missed some bets. The turn card was a total action killer.


Paradise Poker, Limit: $1/$2, 10 players

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is MP3 with J♥ J♣

4 folds, MP2 calls, Hero raises, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: A♦ J♠ 2♥ (8SB, 5 players)

SB checks, BB folds, MP2 bets, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: 8♣ (5.5BB, 4 players)

SB checks, MP2 bets, Hero raises, SB folds, MP2 calls.

River: 7♠ (9.5BB, 3 players)

MP2 checks, Hero bets, MP2 calls.

Results:

Final pot: 11.5BB

MP2 shows A♠ K♣

Wow - hate to be selfish, but I feel like should have gotten more action from the big Ace!


Paradise Poker, Limit: $1/$2, 10 players

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is MP2 with A♠ A♦

UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, Hero raises, 2 folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB 3-bets, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero caps, Button calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 5♠ 6♠ K♠ (17.5SB, 4 players)

BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, Button folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: 9♥ (10.25BB, 3 players)

BB bets, UTG+1 calls, Hero raises, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

River: 4♣ (15.25BB, 2 players)

UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, UTG+1 calls.

Results:

Final pot: 17.25BB

UTG+1 shows J♥ 8♣

Yes, if you are counting, UTG+1:
  • Limped in EP with J8o
  • Called 2 cold back to him preflop
  • Called the cap preflop
  • Stuck around on the flop with no pair, no draw in a pot that was 4-way capped PF.
  • Called down with jack high
He's now on my buddy list. :-)



These were by no means the only hands I won over those 84, but I'm sure my readers can only take so much!

No comments: